Progress on Mirror of Sparrows has been slow, but the story is moving along:
- The outline is settled, up to the first plot point: this book is going to be on the long side. The first plot point was originally going to be the midpoint, but there is more story to tell.
- My main characters are taking on more depth, with both with internal and external conflict.
- The settings are taking on more life and creativity.
- The antagonists are becoming more effective.
Plan for July:
- The plan is Camp Nanowrimo.
- Smaller goal: 30,000 words (compare with 50,000 words last time) means trading in quantity for quality, hopefully.
- By the end of July, I hope to have the first draft of the first quarter. That would mean, in the end, a novel of about 120,000 words. That’s a bit much and may change, but unlikely.
Plan for August:
- Ellen Brock‘s novel bootcamp.
- Outline up to the midpoint.
While I realize that I’m moving like molasses, I continually remind myself that I’m aiming to write a great story.
Projected completion hope: one year from now.